Beginning January 1, 2014, OVSEC will enforce its new policy pertaining to non-compliance by Victim Service Providers and Notifiers/Support Staff. There has also been a change to the Notifiers/Support Staff annual training requirement. For information on these policy changes, please see the letters below:Victim Service Provider Letter Notifier/Support Staff Letter Notifier/Support Staff Annual Requirement Changes
OVSEC will notify VSPs and Notifiers/Support Staff via e-mail or letter once they have completed their annual training requirement.
- VSPs and Notifiers/Support Staff must have their annual training requirement completed by December 31st each calendar year.
- Basic VSPs must have their 15 hours of core training completed within one year of their date of hire.
- Up to 12 additional hours will automatically be carried over to the following year’s certification requirement once the current year’s requirement has been completed. If you do not wish for your excess hours to carry over, you must notify OVSEC in writing by January 31st of the following calendar year.
- Non-Accredited Certification Requests and required accompanying documentation are to be submitted within 30 days of the training’s completion in order to be considered for OVSEC credit.
- In order to receive credit for attending an OVSEC accredited training, you must sign OVSEC’s Sign-Out Sheet(s). Also, it is imperative that you provide your VSP Identification number when signing OVSEC’s Sign-Out Sheet(s) in order to ensure proper credit is issued.
- Presenters who would like to receive credit for presenting at OVSEC accredited trainings must sign OVSEC’s presenter Sign-Out Sheet(s). If a presenter attends the remainder of the training, and would like OVSEC credit, they should also sign the VSP, Notifiers/Support Staff training Sign-Out Sheet.
If you have any questions, please contact OVSEC at 803.734.0357.
To be completed by the sponsor of training and/or conference.
Non-Accredited Certification Request
To be completed by a VSP who seeks credit for trainings not approved in advance by OVSEC.
To be completed by all applicants who provide direct service to crime victims in South Carolina. This application is for initial registration with OVSEC, and to receive your VSP number, and should be completed prior to attending any trainings.